Archive

27Jun2016

Solar Tax Credits

  Article Highlights: Non-Refundable Solar Tax Credit Qualifications Installation Costs Financing When you see those TV ads for home solar power, you may get the impression that Uncle Sam is going to pick up 30% of your cost and you only have to come up with the other 70%. That is not necessarily the whole
  • 27 Jun, 2016
  • Jacqueline Cran
  • 0 Comments
Read more
23Jun2016

School’s Out! Who is Going to Take Care of the Kids?

    Article Highlights: Child Age Limits Employment-Related Expense Married Taxpayer Earnings Limits Disabled or Full-Time-Student Spouse Expense Limits Summer has just arrived, and there is a childcare credit that working parents should know about. Many working parents must arrange for care of their children under 13 years of age (or any age if handicapped) during
  • 23 Jun, 2016
  • Jacqueline Cran
  • 0 Comments
Read more
20Jun2016

Employers, Don’t Miss the Work Opportunity Tax Credit

          Article Highlights: Credit is Elective Credit Amount Work Hours Requirements Targeted Groups Limitations Certification Requirement Through 2019, employers who hire individuals from targeted groups are qualified to claim the work opportunity tax credit (WOTC). The credit is elective, and if claimed it reduces the employer’s wage deduction dollar for dollar.
  • 20 Jun, 2016
  • Jacqueline Cran
  • 0 Comments
Read more
16Jun2016

Deadline for Reporting Foreign Financial Interests is June 30

Article Summary: Foreign Account Reporting Requirement Financial Crimes Enforcement Network Penalties for Failure to File Type of Accounts Affected Form 8938 Filing Requirements Every U.S. citizen and resident who has foreign financial interests in or signature or other authority over any foreign financial accounts, including bank, securities, or other types of financial accounts in a
  • 16 Jun, 2016
  • Jacqueline Cran
  • 0 Comments
Read more
13Jun2016

Receiving Cash Tips? The IRS is Watching.

  Article Highlights: Collecting Cash Tips Tip Splitting Service Charges Record Keeping Employer Reporting Allocated Tips Anyone who collects cash tips must include them in their taxable income. This requirement is not limited to waiters and waitresses; it applies to anyone who collects tips, including taxicab drivers, beauticians, porters, concierges, etc. Tips are amounts freely given by
  • 13 Jun, 2016
  • Jacqueline Cran
  • 0 Comments
Read more
09Jun2016

Surviving Spouse Estate Tax Exclusion

    Article Highlights: Estate Tax Estate Tax Exclusion Adjustments to the Estate Tax Exclusion Estate Tax Return Requirement for Election Deciding Whether Filing an Estate Tax Return Is Worth the Cost The estate tax is a tax on the transfer of property after an individual’s death. It consists of an account of everything the
  • 9 Jun, 2016
  • Jacqueline Cran
  • 0 Comments
Read more
06Jun2016

Roth IRA Aging Requirement

  Article Highlights: Qualified Distributions Age 59.5 Age Exceptions Five-Year Aging Rule Non-Qualified Distributions You probably know that a Roth IRA can provide tax-free retirement income, but did you know the account must be “aged” before its earnings can be withdrawn tax-free? Unlike traditional IRA accounts, contributions to Roth IRAs provide no tax deduction when
  • 6 Jun, 2016
  • Jacqueline Cran
  • 0 Comments
Read more
02Jun2016

Oops, Did You Forget Something on a Tax Return?

    Article Highlights: Overlooked Deductions and Credits Amended Tax Documents Overlooked Income Filing Statute of Limitations   If you have already filed your tax return and forgot an item of income or forgot to claim a deduction or credit, it is not too late! An amended return can be filed to correct an already
  • 2 Jun, 2016
  • Jacqueline Cran
  • 0 Comments
Read more