Wm. F. Horne & Company currently seeks qualified candidates to assist in the leadership of our Assurance team located in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, serving clients located throughout Central and South Mississippi.
To apply for the Experienced Assurance Professional position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing quality audits, reviews, compilations and other attestation engagements
- Participating in planning, risk assessment, fraud prevention, and budget development.
- Performing procedures and analysis of high risk areas of financial reporting
- Identifying and communicating issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
- Researching and documenting the appropriate treatment of complex accounting issues
- Preparing all necessary financial statements, related disclosures, audit and other reports, and general correspondence, with strong emphasis on quality, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Supervising less experienced staff assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables
- Performing engagement to meet deliverable deadlines; understanding critical milestones to meet client service expectations
- B.A./B.S. degree or masters degree
- Current CPA license acceptable for practice in the State of Mississippi or ability to obtain Mississippi reciprocal license
- Solid accounting skills and knowledge
- Understanding of GAAS and GAAP (FASB and GASB)
- Ability to function as in-charge on an engagement
- 3 – 5 years of experience in performing audits, reviews and compilations
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively and to lead a client service team
- Strong interpersonal skills for communicating appropriately with both firm and client personnel
- Knowledge of risk-based audit approach
- Supervisory experience in an engagement fieldwork setting
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with various industries – governmental, nonprofit, for-profit, and employee benefit plan engagements preferred
- Limited overnight travel
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply for any available job opportunities, please email us at email@example.com with a copy of your resume and a cover letter for the job posting.