Wm. F. Horne & Company currently seeks qualified candidates for an experienced Tax Manager or Senior Manager.
A Tax Manager is an experienced professional who demonstrates high competence in the area of tax services. This manager will possess a high degree of technical competency in tax management and the ability to lead a team, make independent judgments and decisions, yet keep close communication with other members of the firm as part of a close knit team. A self-starter who is highly organized, good at meeting time and quality expectations, has an entrepreneurial spirit, business acumen and curiosity, and excellent people skills will flourish in this position. As a key member of our tax practice, this person will participate regularly in practice and firm update meetings which provide for significant team interaction with partners and staff.
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume and a cover letter for the job posting.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates proficiency in complex tax return preparation and procedures.
- Assumes responsibilities for tax project management.
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a thorough knowledge of clients and clients’ businesses.
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Supervises staff and provides on-the-job training; reviews work papers and reports prepared by staff.
- Anticipates problem areas and questions that will arise during the course of a project.
- Keeps Tax Partner informed of all important developments; analyzes problems and recommends solutions.
- Ensures that financial statements, tax returns, and other correspondence are prepared in accordance with professional and Firm standards.
- Communicates progress of projects, problems, and resolutions to client.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in performance evaluations and serving as Mentor for Senior Associates and Associates.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the Firm’s philosophy and its opinions on financial matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends and possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Assists in recruiting entry-level and experienced staff by attending events and functions at colleges and performing such other recruiting duties as needed.
- Takes responsibility for accuracy of data entry, accumulation, and maintenance in all aspects of what we do as an accounting and consulting Firm.
- Learns through Mentor or other Partners proper delegation and management of workload and demonstrates ability to properly delegate and manage workload.
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing professional education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills.
- A current and valid certified public accountants license is required.
- Five – ten (5-10) years experience in public accounting and consulting, primarily in tax services, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope and number of projects managed.
- Broad range of private, non-profit and small company tax experience; proficiency with healthcare and sole proprietorships, partnerships, and high wealth clients would be helpful.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in accounting, or related degree.